Friday, August 10, 2012

WPLR 99 Rock

August 10, 2012



I can't listen to WPLR anymore. I grew up on Smith and Barber, Stoneman and all the other DJs of that era. But soon after Dave left I couldn't listen to those songs anymore. Bruce Springsteen, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith and the Beatles. Those tunes brought up too many memories.

 So I started listening to NPR. Classical music that would calm me down when I was driving and keep my mind from thinking about all the painful things in my life. But then I started listening to younger music. KC101 and 99.9.

I discovered a whole new source of music about the painful side of love. Katy Perry's "Part Of Me" and "I'm Wide Awake." "You chewed me up and spit me out like I was poison in your mouth" and "I wish I knew then what I know now." How did such a young person express the hurt so vividly. Kelly Clarkson is another favorite. "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" and "Darkside." Adele is one of my new favorite artists! Jocelyn claims "she has something for everyone." Sometimes I blast the radio and sing along in my car. Only if I am alone or with Josh. Hilary hates when I sing.

 Sister Albertine told me in fifth grade that I was tone deaf. So I try not to sing with the windows open.

2 comments:

  1. In a previous entry you noted I need glasses.... I my dear DO NOT need glasses in fact I always thought you were VERY pretty and still are. In fact through the years I have aged and you look EXACTLY as I remember when I idolized you as a teenager. I find it ironic that you don't see the amazing strength you have, but I do when, reading all your previous entries. It's there, ever present in your thoughts. I still maintain you will and are rising above -- and this will one day be a memory. " NOW LOOK AT ME, I'M SPARKLING A FIREWORK, A DANCING FLAME YOU WON'T EVER PUT ME OUT AGAIN...... THIS IS THE PART OF ME THAT YOU'RE NEVER EVER GONNA TAKE AWAY FROM ME." Enough said. Oh FYI keep looking this good it's your best revenge. I've been told as fish ages it starts to stink and they loose their scales. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of the sweetest girls I know. You must take after your wonderful mom.

      Delete