Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"What Really Happened"

June 26, 2012

I was going to write about my friends and family today. About their incredible love and support. But I have gotten sidetracked by the Rielle Hunter story. She has been on every time I turn on the TV. I saw her this morning on Good Morning America. I wanted to watch the news at noon and she was on the end of The View. She is promoting her book, "What Really Happened." First of all why does anyone care? Most people already know what happened. She pursued and slept with a famous married man. And apparently she hasn't heard about birth control.

Did you know that adultery is not taken into consideration when it is time to discuss alimony? I'm sure most married women don't know that. I certainly didn't. It can be argued that your marriage was already broken down before any affairs. How convenient for the cheating spouse. Some day I will have to research that concept of the law. I wonder if it was enacted by a man or a woman.

Anyway, back to the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter saga. How sordid and sad for all concerned, but especially for the children. Doesn't anyone have any morals? How do seemingly intelligent people behave in a way they know will ultimately hurt so many people. How does the vice presidential candidate put so many people in jeopardy? In my case how did the Regional Manager for Cancer Services and a Sexual Assault Forensic Examiner walk into motels, pay cash for the room and wait for my husband to arrive at lunch time? I guess she did not consider that to be an assault on me or my family.

I am tired of seeing Rielle Hunter on TV. I am tired of her justification of their affair. Everyone makes mistakes but this goes beyond a small indiscretion. When families and lives are destroyed it is hard to accept excuses. She is a low life and John Edwards is a low life with money. I have worked as a nurse for over 30 years. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt money does not buy class. I have taken care of some of the poorest people in the community and many of them have dignity and class that is beyond reproach.

I will not be watching TV again today. I will spend the rest of the day cleaning, reading and going out to dinner with my daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Bravo My Dear! Congratulations on taking your life back. So, the last time your name was being whispered around the hallways at work you probably wanted to crawl into a cave and not come out. This time is completely different, this time it is on your terms. The cat is out of the bag. Looks like this kitty is a lioness and she ain't takin no prisoners. Red

    ReplyDelete