Thursday, August 30, 2012

Counting Sheep

August 30, 2012




Last night I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Since I've been trying to do without my friend, Ambien, that has sometimes been happening. But this was that "wide awake" wake up. When you know you are not going to fall back to sleep easily. When you start to think of something obsessively. So what was I stuck on last night? I somehow remembered the night Dave told me that sometimes he would meet the Kurwa (polish) in New York. She would go there as part of her job and the State of New York would pay for her room. Or so he told me.

So, how do I get one of those nursing jobs? My job usually requires me to be on my feet all day. On really busy days I am lucky to be able to go to the bathroom. It would be wonderful to have a job where I could be "put up" in the city and then have sex with someone in a room paid for by my employer. But alas. I was busy raising my family and didn't have time to pursue my Masters degree. In truth I wasn't interested in an advanced degree. But it sure would have come in useful now. I suppose there is still time. 

I could still attend UMASS Amherst or Boston University. I don't have to worry about my kids anymore or a husband. But will there be THAT job at the end of all that hard work? I suspect I would still be by the bedside because I love that part of nursing. Only it will be my patient's bedside and not that of someone else's husband.

Maybe sharing this will help me sleep better tonight. I certainly hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment