Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Corn on the Cob

August 15, 2012



If there is anything as scrumptious as farm grown tomatoes it is fresh picked corn. In my previous life having corn on the cob involved a long drawn out process. Pulling back the husks, taking out the silk, soaking them in water, tying them with twine and THEN grilling them. I wasn't about to go through all that for one ear of corn. And you know how I feel about the grill.

So I have been shucking the corn, wrapping it in saran wrap and microwaving it. It tasted almost as good as the time consuming steps we had taken in the past. Today however I was given a new way to make delicious corn in the microwave that tastes even better than grilled.


Jocelyn, Josh and I were eating lunch together yesterday. Jocelyn was talking about making corn when they got home. She told me to put the corn in the microwave, in the husks, for 2-3 minutes. After it cools, cut the end off and shuck it. I tried it last night and it was sooo good. I was having a tomato salad so I rolled the corn in the left over olive oil then in basil, parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. And of course, salt. I told Annie about it and she tried it too. We both agreed. Some of the best corn we have ever eaten.

So things are not like they used to be. Although I ate the corn and salad by myself I enjoyed every morsel. Which I guess, is better than eating across from someone who spent the afternoon in a motel with another woman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment