Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Does My IPhone Make Me Cool?

August 29, 2012




Ever since I got my IPhone a little over a year ago I felt instantly cool. I had never been one of the "cool" girls at school. I wasn't a cheerleader (too chubby), I wasn't super smart, I couldn't act, dance or sing. I was always in the chorus or back stage or team manager. Most of my friends were in the same predicament. I never felt like I was "good enough." If only I could be smarter, more beautiful and most of all THINNER.

But as soon as I held that phone in my hand I felt like a member of the elite. Gazing at the screen, lovingly brushing my fingers on it, looking at my emails, texting friends, googling information. I was finally "in!" It could do everything! It knew where I was and could get me anywhere I needed to go. And for someone who is as directionally clueless as I am, that is a godsend.

This weekend I met Josh and Jocelyn in Manhattan to attend the Fringe Festival. It is held in lower Manhattan for about two weeks. Plays are performed and produced that would never get a chance to be seen. Sometimes they are really good and sometimes they are truly horrible. But for $15.00 each that is the price you pay. And it is a lot of fun. We had planned to see three plays. But I had to get there by myself. I took the train to Grand Central and with my apps got myself, by subway, to the lower east side where I had a delicious breakfast while I waited for them to arrive from New Jersey.

I wouldn't have been able to do that without my precious phone. Dave lost my favorite map of Manhattan streets, the one that had the World Trade Center still on it, last year. I'm certain he left it in some hotel room while he was busy cheating on me. But I don't need it anymore!! ( Except for sentimental reasons.) I have my IPhone. Now if only someone would develop a lovemaking app I will be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment