Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cinderella's Story

August 28, 2012




My life is a fairy tale. If only! I spent last weekend being very busy but the the summer is waning and I am going to go into hibernation mode soon. I was out Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Unheard of, really. But Sunday night I was determined to get home early, which is for me 8PM. 7:30 is even better. You know, getting up at the crack of dawn, etc. Always looking at the time worrying about my car turning into a pumpkin.

I met old friends at the Branford green to see the Steve D'Agostino Band. It was the last in the Jazz series on the Green. He came highly recommended. I announced as soon as I got there that I would be leaving at intermission. But someone assured me I would not be able to leave once I heard them. And he was right. They were fantastic! As "smooth" as my friend described them, it was hard to gather up my things and leave. The weather was perfect, the moon was gorgeous and the Trinity church made a stunning background to the music. The food and the company and of course the wine cinched the deal. I didn't get home until after 9PM. Then it was setting up the coffee for the morning and getting my lunch ready and the usual bedtime rituals.

It was worth every second. Even though I mistakenly set my clock for 5AM instead of 4:30 and had to race around in the morning to get to work on time. Bed unmade (which I hate) with no time for a swig a coffee, and I forgot my watch (which I REALLY hate!) but I made it to work. Singing Cole Porter tunes all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment