Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mother Theresa

August 2, 2012



I was reading through my past blogs. And just for the record I am no Mother Theresa. I'm not even remotely saint like. I take full responsibility for my part in whatever was wrong in my marriage. I can be an extremely sarcastic bitch. Just ask anyone who knows me well. And probably those who don't. But I would never be so deceitful as to cheat on my husband. ( George Clooney would not be cheating. It would be fulfilling a dream.) I am very direct and straightforward. If someone tells me they are going to the mall to Christmas shop I have no reason to think they have elaborate plans for their day. Plans that include hurting me. Deliberately.

So I hope that this experience will not turn me into a bitter woman. I still want to believe that people are capable of loving unconditionally. No matter what.

 Margo's daughter got engaged last week and I shared in their happiness Sunday night. I want to believe that people can marry and spend the rest of their lives with each other. That they can respect their vows in good times and bad. For better or worse.

So even though my sarcasm and my cynicism may increase I want to keep a part of my naivete. I want to think that, deep down inside, people are basically good and kind and honest. I don't want to lose that part of myself.


2 comments:

  1. I have known you for aproximately 44 years and I can attest to the fact that you are no Mother Teresa AND you can be a very sarcastic woman, as can I!! (I am sure that is why we have such a long,full history together.)But being a bit too frank and a bit too sarcastic has nothing to do with not being a loving person. And you, Lucille, are a loving person.
    You mean what you say and you say what you mean. THAT is the ingredient that is important in a marriage. You have given to your family and friends at the expense of yourself many times and you were a happy and contented woman in doing so. Consequently, you raised two incredible children of whom you can be very proud.
    I know for sure that you will never fail to believe in love and trust becaaue it is the core of who you are and have always been and will always be.....and that is not my sarcastic side speaking ....it is my frank side.

    ReplyDelete