Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Unbridled Shower



September 18, 2012



This weekend I read an article about divorce showers. Or, as it was called in the Times, Unbridled Showers. This is like a wedding shower where the recipient gets gifts to replenish the household. Things their spouse may have taken when they left or items to furnish a new house or apartment. You can even register like a traditional shower for things you may want or need.

Who hosts these events? Is it your original maid of honor or best man? Or a friend? Or maybe your new lover, the one you divorced your spouse to be with? Or I suppose you could do it for yourself.

In my case no tangible things were taken. He "didn't need anything." Just to get away from me. So what would I register for? Truth, honesty, commitment, loyalty, fidelity, love. Are those things you can purchase at Macy's?

No comments:

Post a Comment