Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blow Me (One Last Kiss)

Sept 4, 2012



The last official weekend of the summer is over. School has started and fall clothes are being advertised. Woe is me. I had a very enjoyable last picnic in New Jersey Sunday with Jocelyn's parents. So that means I drove over the Tappan Zee Bridge twice! Once in the dark. I'll admit I was a little nervous about that but I survived. And I saw the most incredible orange moon on the way home.

It was a two hour ride each way so I had a lot of radio time. I love to listen to the radio when I drive. One of the songs that kept playing was Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by Pink. Not someone I would have listened to in the past. But I've come to broaden my horizons lately.

It reminded me of the last time Dave came here to "talk" about our relationship. It was a Sunday and he was still claiming to be thinking about us. I thought we still had a chance as a married couple and he did everything he could to lead me to believe that.  On his way out he blew me kisses!! I was very encouraged and called Margo to tell her. But her silence said more than his words did. He was actually already planning to take the Sooka (Russian) to Africa. Why the deceit? Who knows? I'm at a loss to figure that out. And way too tired to try.




                            
White knuckles and sweaty palms from hanging on too tight
Clenched shut jaw, I've got another headache again tonight
Eyes on fire, eyes on fire, and they burn from all the tears
I've been crying, I've been crying, I've been dying over you
Tie a knot in the rope, tryin' to hold, tryin' to hold,
But there's nothing to grasp so I let go

I think I've finally had enough, I think I maybe think too much
I think this might be it for us (blow me one last kiss)
You think I'm just too serious, I think you're full of shit
My head is spinning so (blow me one last kiss)


3 comments:

  1. How amusing that you picked Pink's song. The last lines are so true and telling. You always were a lot smarter then he was . You have to see the video online. Like I've maintained Karma is a Bitch and you will live to see it come around full circle. You are far better off, sure it hurts now and yes you've invested more then half of your life on this "man" (and I use the word lightly), but things will turn around and change for you. You're a beautiful woman with a career and two children who adore you, a boat load of friends ,and an amazing world out there waiting for you. Take solace in the fact that the world is your oyster and your pearl is within reach. Hang in there your doing an amazing job. Sooner or later he will have to look in the mirror and face his sins. By then he will be a lonely old man with a ton of regret. You are an inspiration to a lot of people.

    I will do what I please, anything that I want
    I will breathe, I will breathe, I won't worry at all
    You will pay for your sins, you'll be sorry my dear
    All the lies, all the why's, will all be crystal clear.


    ReplyDelete
  2. P>S> "BLOW ME one last kiss " is an innuendo and Pink is VERY good at delivering a good right upper cut. Just saying.... So take those boxing gloves off smile in the mirror and realize you have delivered a perfect TKO. Bravo and I agree with the other post you're still a FOX. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete