Saturday, September 8, 2012

National Parks

September 8, 2012


I recently traveled to St. Louis for a nursing conference. My first plane trip since the divorce. Six months ago I never thought I would be leaving New Haven ever again.

Our first day here Jeanne and I went to the Arch. We went to the top and looked out over the city. Jeanne kept a close eye on me because I am afraid of heights. But I did fine. It reminded me of the first time I went to the top of the World Trade Center.

I saw many Park Rangers there so I assumed it was a National Park. But it's a National Monument. I wanted to add it to my list of Parks that I have visited. We (Dave and I) had planned to visit all the Parks. We had already been to the Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. They were majestic and peaceful. I could have stayed in Yellowstone forever.We were planning a trip to Yosemite a few years ago but ended up in San Francisco instead. But now I feel confident I can go alone. First Yosemite then Olympia.

And if I live long enough all the others! And if I go alone so be it. I won't have to worry about anyone else but myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment