Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"This House is Killing Me"



September 25, 2012


Last week I received the official copy of the deed that says my house is now in my name only. Everything signed over to me. Bittersweet is the only word I can use to describe the feeling. I love my house. It's not big or stylish. Things may be starting to look dated. It is not in a top neighborhood. But I raised my kids here and spent so many hours waiting by the window for all of them, including Dave, to come home. Crazy, I know. But I feel happy and safe here. And my kitchen is gorgeous! Especially my new refrigerator!

I always thought that when the house was paid off things would get easier, money wise. We talked about what we would do when that happened. I never expected to be here by myself, worrying about the yard, the utilities, the bills. But here I am doing just that. We always had someone to cut the grass and plow the driveway in the winter but now I had to hire someone to landscape and maintain the lawn. Something I never had to think about in the past. And since the poison ivy incident I realized I couldn't keep up without some help.

When he said ,"This house is killing me," it hurt almost as much as the day he said, "I just don't love you enough."





No comments:

Post a Comment