Friday, November 16, 2012

What to Look for in a Man



November 16, 2012


Recently my therapist asked me to think about what would be important to me in a new relationship. What kind of characteristics would I look for in a man? So here is the start of my ongoing list.

1. Directness and Honesty.  Get in my face if you want to make a point. Tell me what you want. I
    don't like guessing games. Stand up for yourself.

2. Try a compliment every once in a while. I know I don't look like Angelina Jolie but a simple "You
     look nice today" would do.

3. How about some romance. This time I want flowers and cards. And surprise gifts (although not the
     ones given to atone for cheating.) No chocolate! Potato chips!

4. I want to come first this time. I'm worth it.

5. I want to meet someone I can use my favorite movie line on. "You had me at hello." Well my
    favorite line from that movie is, "You complete me." But I'm not expecting that to happen. I
    will have to be responsible for completing myself.

But maybe this is too ambitious of a list. Maybe I SHOULD start with speed dating. Or just get a
blow up doll and program the words myself!
 

Some Girls  by Pink
I just want real love Most girls want a man with the mean green Don't wanna dance if he can't be Everything that I dream of A man that understands real love

Read more: PINK - MOST GIRLS LYRICS
 
I just want real love
I just want real love Most girls want a man with the mean green Don't wanna dance if he can't be Everything that I dream of A man that understands real love

Read more: PINK - MOST GIRLS LYRICS

I just want real love Most girls want a man with the mean green Don't wanna dance if he can't be Everything that I dream of A man that understands real love

Read more: PINK - MOST GIRLS LYRICS
     I just want real love
Most girls want a man with the mean green
Don't wanna dance if he can't be
Everything that I dream of
A man that understands real love

No comments:

Post a Comment