Monday, November 26, 2012

Kissing Ball



November 26, 2012


This past weekend is my traditional time to put out Christmas decorations. It is not my favorite holiday so I have been slowly whittling down the amount of things I put out. Last year as you can imagine was a total bust. I managed to put lights outside on the lamppost but that was pretty much it. I was in such a state after that I never took them down. So this year I just had to pull away the cornstalk and plug in the lights.

But I did have to drag away the two huge bundles of hay that I put out there for the fall display. Bundles that I cheerfully lifted out of my car in September and placed in the yard with the pumpkins. But after the hurricane and the snowstorm they weighed a lot more than they did when I bought them. It was like dragging two dead bodies across the lawn into the little woods in back. Hmm... glad to know I am strong enough to do that if needed! (Joking, of course)

Anyway, thanks to Annie, who took me to Home Depot after happy hour on Friday, I am now the proud owner of a kissing ball. I've always wanted one and now I have one hanging on the back porch. I see it every time I look out there and it makes me smile. So... if a handsome stranger shows up out there I'll have to think twice before calling the police. (Unless he's wielding an ax)

I also bought greens to fill my outdoor pots and battery powered lights to brighten everything up. I usually have a huge wreath on the garage but it seems awfully high up. However I've done so many things I never thought I could, maybe this week I'll drag out that really tall ladder and put up my wreath. I should probably wait until Hilary is home in case it doesn't go as planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment