Friday, November 30, 2012

Reality TV



November 30, 2012


Why do people watch reality TV? I have never seen a reality show in my life. I live reality everyday. Both in my personal life and at work. I want to see fantasy on TV. I want to laugh, be entertained or learn something. I don't want to be immersed in the angst of someones problems, real or created for the show.

Dancing With The Stars is recapped every morning on Good Morning America. Why do I care? What happened to reporting the news of the day? Interviewing interesting people and informing us about what is going on in the world? Do the people on The Bachelor REALLY marry each other after a TV show? But then again who am I to talk about marriage? Maybe the odds are just as good for them as they were for me. I just don't want to see it in my family room.

If not for Modern Family, Gray's Anatomy, baseball and basketball I would not be watching TV at all. I may have to get into football again as violent as I find that to be. Then I will have something to watch no matter what the season.




No comments:

Post a Comment