Friday, November 9, 2012

Rules of the Game



November 9, 2012



When Josh was young he used to love to play fantasy games. And now that he is 27 he STILL does. But when he was little he tried to engage me in these scenarios. But I HATE games. Margo, how many years have YOU been trying to get me to play? Some board games are ok. Scrabble, Yahtzee, Bananagrams, but fantasy games where I have to "make up" a character are not my thing.

So... do I have to be a game player to be involved in the dating world? Do I have to pretend to be someone I'm not? Should I play "hard to get" or dive right in? What ARE the rules? Its been so long since I've had to think about dating. In fact, I never really dated even before I was married. I met Dave when I was seventeen. One of my former supervisors (who shall remain nameless, although he DID want to send me home once for disagreeing with him) told me that I wear my heart on my sleeve and everything I'm thinking shows on my face. So I guess that says it all. I'm pretty sure I'm not about to change now.

Some of my coworkers have suggested I try speed dating. You spend ten minutes with each potential date "getting to know" them. That is just perfect for someone who has worked in the surgical world. Cut and run! ( Just kidding) But I need to know the rules first. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment