Friday, November 23, 2012

My Last First



November 23, 2012



Yesterday was my last first. The first Thanksgiving spent as a single woman in the last 31 years. The last of the big holiday firsts to conquer. Not a day I was looking forward to. But it's over and I'm still here! And I had a good day. Bittersweet but good. Spending the day with people who WANT to be with me instead of the farce of my last Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for my family and friends. They have supported and sustained me through this year. They listened to me cry and rant and yell. They were there even when I was silent (a much scarier place to be for someone who talks so much.) They forced me to get out of bed and return to the land of the living.

I am thankful for my job. A place where everyday I meet people who need my compassion and expertise. Where I can put my problems and sorrows in the proper perspective. A job that makes me grateful for the gift of good health.

But I am also thankful the day has come and gone. Now I can get on with a new life. A life where I hope to take more chances. To be unconventional and maybe a little risky. To live life a little more on the edge. I have nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment