Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Landslide Fleetwood Mac





May 1, 2013



Happy May Day! The beginning of longer days, warmer weather and happier moods. Yesterday I was driving home with Hilary from lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and I heard this song by Fleetwood Mac.


They were one of my favorite bands when I was young. I remember being in our apartment in Stony Creek one hot summer night. I was alone, as I frequently was during our marriage, because Dave was on-call. I was ironing, yes ironing! On the third floor with the windows wide open and watching a Fleetwood Mac concert on TV. I have wanted to be Stevie Nicks for as long as I can remember. Her long blonde hair and all those flowing scarves. I sang along with her that night and pretended I was a star.


I didn't sing yesterday. Hilary hates when I sing. But if I was alone I would have cranked up the volume and joined Stevie.



                                                                    Landslide


Took this love and I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
And I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
Till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky, what is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
And can I sail through the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
Oh oh I don't know, oh I don't know

Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older I'm getting older too
Yes I'm getting older too, so

I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I, I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I'm getting older too oh yes
I'm getting older too

So, take this love, take it down
Oh if you climb a mountain and you turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring you down, down
And if you see my reflection in the snow covered hills

Well maybe the landslide will bring you down
Well well, the landslide will bring you down



No comments:

Post a Comment