Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pussy Cats





April 29, 2013



The kitty saga continues. Last weekend Josh, Jocelyn and I traveled to New Jersey to pick up my new cats. Lucy and Hazel. They looked so sweet in the pictures and the video I received. Their owners were clearly overwhelmed with newborn twins, a yappy little dog and a very small house. The cats were afraid to come out of hiding but eventually we got them into their carriers and Josh gave the "Let's go" sign. They were great in the car. I was able to pet them and they did not put up much of a fuss at all.


However adjusting to a new house with an already established cat was not going to be easy for them. Hazel has major anxiety issues. And one of them involves the litter box. And pooping. I didn't see her for days, not even to eat. Lucy came around from time to time but not Hazel. Of course that might be due to the fact that I spritzed her when she hissed at me. But anyway, I couldn't imagine how they were not going to the bathroom. But then I pulled back my shower curtain and saw what was being used as a litter box. My shower!! Annie thought that was hysterical. She laughs about it ever time we discuss them.


I quickly texted the previous owner who admitted that Hazel "likes her privacy." So off I went to buy the biggest covered litter box I could find. I closed the bathroom doors and hoped for the best. Another mishap occurred because I forgot to close a door but as of Saturday morning I haven't found any misplaced feces. And lots of it in the litter box. Hazel has occasionally come out of hiding and lets me pet her for a few minutes. Lucy is the bolder of the two and is walking around upstairs and once or twice has ventured to the first floor. She loves to be petted and is so soft.


I guess I didn't feel I had enough to do without adopting two cats. When I asked Josh today what I was going to do if Hazel didn't come around he said, "She's yours now. You have to learn how to adapt." Okay. So that's true. I made her part of my family and I will just have to stick with her! That's what famiies do.

No comments:

Post a Comment