Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cat Adoption




April 11, 2013



Just an update on the cat adoption. I know I told you that the cat we were going to adopt from the shelter has asthma. That did not bother me at all. But what they did not tell me about until I got there was that she also had ringworm. It is a fungal skin infection that is very contagious, especially to other cats. And my Ophelia is an old cat. I vacillated for weeks about taking the cat home, visited her several times and waited for her to get better. Then I called my vet. He was very clear that if Ophelia got ringworm at her age it would be very bad for her. So I had to renege on taking Miami. I felt terrible. Josh was not happy with my decision but Hilary was somewhat relieved. She is Ophelia's real mommy. When she is home Ophelia is always by her side. And Jocelyn was the one who first alerted me to the fact that ringworm was not to be messed with.


I couldn't help but notice that I was not offered another cat from Animal Haven. I guess I had failed the ultimate cat adoption test. But good news. I have another adoption in the works. Two kitties that need a new home and are presently very well cared for now. Lucy and Hazel. Could I say no to that? Jocelyn's mom gave me the information. Thanks Lynn!


So, when I get back from Chicago I will be taking a road trip to New Jersey to meet my new babies and possibly take them home.



No comments:

Post a Comment