Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Edge Flex




February 27, 2013



When I got back from Thailand I really got serious about the gym. I met the trainer twice a week and tried to go to pilates and some other classes. But then we had the blizzard and I was stuck at home for four days and then I worked extra one week so was too tired to go to the gym.


But last Saturday Lori and I finally made it to the Edge Flex class. I though it would be, if not a breeze, at least something we could do with no problem. I was wrong. It was a hour of, if not exactly agony, extremely hard work. Brutally hard work.


"Okay let's rest," said the instructor. Five seconds go by and she starts up again. That's a rest? Really?We were tired when it was over but didn't feel all that bad. Energized, we thought. The next morning I went to meet the trainer. I could hardly bend my legs or bear weight on my arms. Lori was no where to be seen. I could hardly walk up the stairs into my house and when I called Lori she was in the same condition. I felt like a cripple. Monday was slightly better. Last night we took a yoga class. Not as intense as the flex class but  still a work out. This morning I can finally bend over to pick something up off the floor without moaning.


Guess I still have a long way to go. Not sure I'll ever get to the fit state I would like. But going to give it the old college try. Besides, when they tell us to go to that peaceful place in pilates or yoga it really does help calm me. But maybe I really enjoy the energy of Edge Flex to keep me in fighting shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment