Friday, February 8, 2013

Red Lotus Lake




February 8, 2013



The Thai government planned a trip for us on the Saturday before we left. It was to a place called Red Lotus Lake. The vans were leaving at 7AM. Really?? There was a lot of grumbling about getting up early on our day off after working 12 hour shifts all week. But the anesthesiologist from Thailand told Lori and I how beautiful it was and we were anxious to see it. Although we were told that it wasn't as lush as in past years due to recent weather conditions I found it breathtaking.


We went out in pontoon boats. It was so quiet and peaceful out there. I took so many pictures, wishing for the first time that I had a more professional camera. Leaning over the boat with my Iphone ( I do love that phone!) I was awed by the perfection of each flower.


Much like the time on Victoria Peak I wanted to stay out there forever. As we headed back to shore I knew I would have to face reality soon. All the same stresses and problems I left behind in the United States when I boarded the plane would have to be faced once I returned home. But I didn't want to lose the calm feeling of the lake. So I have one of those beautiful pictures as the background on my phone. Every time I see it I am transported to a serene place. Even if only for a few minutes. Sometimes it is all I need to put things in perspective.







No comments:

Post a Comment