Sunday, July 15, 2012

Youswear.com

July 15, 2012


Did you know there is a web site called Youswear.com? Unless you are a woman who has been cheated on I bet you have never heard of this site. Only a woman who has been wronged would google, " how to say whore in any language." There are more languages than I ever imagined and each one of them has a word that means " a promiscuous woman" or "one who debases oneself by doing something for unworthy motives." So I guess these woman exist in all societies.

As a woman I find it almost impossible to imagine myself being the cause of so much hurt and pain to another woman. And I especially could not imagine hurting any of the children involved no matter what their age.  I imagine women without children don't think like those of us who are mothers. Or maybe that is again, another naive thought on my part. I'm sure there are women who can leave their children for another man just as there are men who can destroy their family. Another naive notion of mine was that lesbians are more in tune and sympathetic to other women. That was certainly not true in this case. Oh, but I forgot, she's not a lesbian anymore.

 I personally would not miss five minutes of my children's lives ( another thing that was wrong with me ) to be with any man. OK, maybe five minutes for George Clooney.  But it would have to be at his house on Lake Como. And I'm only giving up, did I say five minutes? Well, maybe five hours. I'm sure they could get along without me for that long. And it would have to include lunch or dinner. I'm sure even George couldn't last for five hours! If the weather was good I'm sure I could stretch it to five days! But I digress.

"I'm divorcing you not the kids." One of my favorite psychobabble lines of all time. Has every divorced man alive uttered those words? So much BS. You are divorcing all of us. Maybe not in the same way but in a much bigger way. You are changing your children's'  perception of their lives and their memories. You are not a part of their celebrations or sorrows. Nothing between you will ever be as good as it was again. No matter how much you try to make up to them you have altered their impression of you as a person.

So check out that web site if you have run out of ways to describe the whore. Try kurvur or peyser. Or my mother's favorite, puttana.



No comments:

Post a Comment