Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Ice Cream

July 12, 2012


Enough self pity for awhile. This will be all about ice cream! And that beats self pity any day. Not to say those days are over. I know better than that. I still have my birthday and anniversary to get through. But ice cream will be there for those days too.

Last week Hilary and I tried Pralines in Wallingford. I had been by that area many times and did not know there was an ice cream shop on Route 5 in a little strip mall. It's a cute place with a party room in the back. I had Reeses peanut butter cup and Hilary had cookie dough. We rated it at a 7.0.  It was creamy, no ice ( Josh's criteria! ) but just ok.

Yesterday to commemorate the non birthday day Hilary and I went out to Frankies Diner in Bridgeport for a quick lunch. I don't really know the area but we were headed to Timothy's for ice cream.

Timothy's is in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport. It has a country store decor and tables inside to enjoy your selection. Again, good ice cream but nothing very special. I had the Black Rock, french vanilla with chocolate-covered almonds and Hilary had sweet cream. Another 7.0. Good but not something I would drive back there to get in the future.

Wentworths and Walnut Beach Creamery are still our favorites. I'm sure there are many who do not agree with our ratings. This is truly an arbitrary system. Not something to seriously consider on your own ice cream adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment