Monday, January 7, 2013

Sweet Lucy




January 7, 2012



I was in Amity Wine last week restocking my liquor cabinet and I came across a bourbon called Sweet Lucy. How apropos I thought. A word that would never be used to describe me no matter how hard I try! After I started a fire that evening I poured myself some. YUCK!!! I failed to read the entire label which described it as a bourbon based liqueur. I hate sweet drinks. But not one to waste things I drank it anyway.

I decided to give it a second chance. The next time I tried it was just as bad. I wasn't about to pour it down the sink so I thought about what I could add to it to cut the sweetness. I was never the drink maker when I was married. It was always a big production. I only use one other ingredient beside the actual liquor and that's ice. I decided to try a lemon wedge squeezed in the glass. Yeah!!! That did the trick! It provided just the tartness I needed. Maybe I SHOULD have consulted with my ex. He seems to be an expert when it comes to tarts. Sorry, couldn't resist.

So again, I vow to read all labels completely when I shop. Something I am very bad at doing as I am usually rushing from one place to the next. Not sure I will ever buy Sweet Lucy again but I WILL finish this bottle. Another learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment