Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Anderson Cooper




January 15, 2012



Last night Anderson Cooper's show was about the Newtown tragedy and gun control. First of all let me say that the parents who spoke were simply amazing. Composed and eloquent they talked about their children without bitterness at the situation. I admire them.

I am not religious or political. I like to think I live by the Golden Rule. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Use common sense and your conscience. Although I have lived long enough to learn that some people do not have a conscience. (Two come to mind right off the bat) Assault rifles do not belong in anyones home no later what side of the gun issue you belong. Assault rifles are for assaults.

Don't ask "What would Jesus do?" Ask "What SHOULD I do?" All actions have consequences and rationalizing bad behavior and blaming it on religion or other people in your life is just a cop out. If everyone would start to take responsibility for their actions the world would be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment