Friday, June 28, 2013

Late Shift




June 28, 2013



I'm going to work at 9:00 today. Great! Sleep a little later but still have time for breakfast and coffee in my own kitchen. And best of all reading the newspaper before going to work. I walk down the driveway but I don't SEE the newspapers. Maybe they are hidden right at the end of the driveway. But no. They are just not there. It is 7:15. The day before they were also not there but I was told they had until 7:00AM to deliver. Really? I thought the deadline was always 6AM. They are morning papers right?


So I call the Times and the Register. They promised to deliver a replacement paper. I actually spoke to a human being at the Register. He said they had new carriers to "improve efficiency!!" My previous carrier, a young lady, was very efficient. She delivered all through the snowstorms and would be pulling up to my driveway when I was leaving for work at 5:30 AM. What happened to her?


I'm sure I will come home tonight to four newspapers in the driveway even though I have a slot in my mailbox. AND one of them will be wet just like last night. I will be too tired to read them both tonight even though the Register has been getting smaller and smaller. Then I will put them, unread in the recycle bin on Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment