Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day





June 16, 2013



Happy Father's Day to all the dads who put their children first, especially Sal Mentone and Bud Flaherty. They were men who never considered their own "happiness" but put the happiness and well being of their children first. Hard working men who spent every dime they made on their families. From Sal who would come in my room with twenty dollars and say, " Don't tell your mother," to Bud who called up the stairs, "Does she need a drink of water?" Men who would never say, much less think, "I feel like I gave my life for these kids."


I wish they were here so I could tell them in person how important they were to me. How they shaped my life and made me the person I am today. But I think they knew.


To all the men who are not spending their kids inheritance on a whore, oh sorry, did I say whore? I meant "soul mate." To all the men who realized their lives would change once they had children. To all the men who put their children first. To all the men who ARE men and not little boys. Happy Father's Day. And to all the whores, I mean "soul mates'" who contributed to breaking up families I hope it was worth the destruction and pain your personal "happiness" has cost. Hope you have a glorious day.


And to all of you who are going to say I am bitter. I totally agree. I AM bitter about how this has affected my children. I would have given anything to spare them this pain. Unfortunately I was the only parent who felt that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment