Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ocean House



March 7, 2013



Is it weird that I am so into hotel bathrooms? Especially the bathtubs. This weekend I went to the Ocean House in Watch Hill, Rhode Island to celebrate a friend's birthday. She has been raving about this place for a while. Since my foray into the world of luxury hotels I decided to see how this compared to the Mandarin in Bangkok.

Although it was typically New England it was close to the pampering I received at the Mandarin. Everyone knew us. I drove up separately but when I got there the valet knew I was joining "Miss Hart." I was whisked to the room and welcomed by name. And no tipping!! Anywhere. Just gracious, civilized service.

An oyster tasting and a wonderful dinner that evening. After dinner treats to take to the room. My friends enjoyed a beautiful spa experience (something I need to try next time.) And a great brunch in the morning.

And the bathroom! Not a big as the Mandarin in space but the tub was luxurious. A TV to watch and bath products that I am told are high end. Even a loofah. Robes and slippers! Maybe I can get a job just rating hotel bathrooms!

I guess it makes up for the messy weather this week. Pampering always helps.





No comments:

Post a Comment