Friday, March 15, 2013

Egremont Village Inn




March 15, 2013



My last two hotel visits were extremely luxurious. So much so that I wasn't sure I should actually be allowed to stay at such fine establishments. Was I dressed correctly, was I too loud or inappropriate?Probably inappropriate. It's hard to be a nurse for all these years and not be a little inappropriate.


Anyway this past weekend I had no such worries. I went to the Berkshires with my friends Margo and Annemarie. We met in grade school when we were 12 years old. We grew up in each others homes. They saved me corned beef and turkey and I saved them lasagna and anginettes. I was daughter #3. Three other women were there and we had a blast. But elegant it was not!


Although there was a bathroom in our room the inn was actually closed for renovations. We were the only ones there. (A long story) No fireplace, no food, no help except the inn's owner. But did we have fun? You bet we did! Consignment store shopping, telling old stories and laughing at new ones. We brought our own drinks and snacks and sat in front of the heater until way after my bedtime. Once laughing so hard that we were crying. And were we loud? Of course we were! AND inappropriate!


I would return to all three places without a second thought. But every time I wear my new velvet jacket with the pearl trim I will smile to remember the Egremont Village Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment