Saturday, March 30, 2013

Berkshire Bourbon





March 30. 2013



I've been trying new bourbons lately. They all have subtle differences much like wine. But maybe that's just my opinion. Woodford Reserve, Basil Hayden, Elijah Craig( which I did not like at all.) Last week I bought Berkshire Bourbon by Berkshire Mountain Distillers. They are located in Sheffield, MA. Since I've been spending a lot of time recently in that area I decided to try some.


I admit I was skeptical. I almost got a bottle of Makers 46 just in case I didn't like it. After all isn't Kentucky the home of bourbon? How could New Englanders produce a smokey rich bourbon? But I have to say I am enjoying this. A close second to Makers. Sheffield Mountain Distillers is the first legal distillers in the Berkshires since the Prohibition. They also have gin, vodka, rum and corn whiskey. Never heard of corn whiskey but it is described as smokey with notes of fig. I love figs! Maybe I'll try that next.


So tonight after I finish cooking for Easter dinner, I will toast to the Berkshires with my Berkshire bourbon in my Cape Cod glass. New traditions, indeed.


http://berkshiremountaindistillers.com/about-us/about-berkshire-mountain-distillers/

No comments:

Post a Comment