Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Carnegie Hall



October 10, 2012



I've never been to Carnegie Hall. Not as a performer which I could NEVER be. No talent in that department whatsoever. But not even as a member of the audience. WE had planned to go last year. But maybe it was only ME who planned to attend. Anyway needless to say I did not make it there last year.

I guess that will be one goal for this coming holiday season. Thanksgiving is weighing down on me. My favorite holiday, all askew this year. Should I make the traditional dinner? The one I have loved so much. The turkey, my special stuffing and cranberry sauce. My "to die for" mashed potatoes. Haven't quite found a vegetable that has made the "must have" list but I usually come up with something edible. ( the roasted brussel sprouts that I loved got the thumbs down from everyone else.) The Godiva cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. The pumpkin pie.

Or should I just forget the whole thing. I know it will be the hardest hurdle yet. Getting out the Christmas dishes will only remind me of how I was fooled last year into thinking everything would be okay. I realize now he was already planning his escape. I wonder if there is a performance at Carnegie Hall on Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment