Monday, February 24, 2014
Divorce Recovery Top Ten
February 24, 2014
Top Ten Signs of Recovery
10. I go out to dinner. A lot.
9. I can travel. In spite of the fact that just a short while ago I thought I would never leave my
bedroom, let alone my house.
8. I can say, "I'm divorced" without the catch in my voice. Although I do still find it unbelievable.
7. I can manage my finances. And for anyone who really knows me that is an incredible feat.
6. I can plan for the future. And be happy about it.
5. I have made new friends.
4. I care about other people and their problems again.
3. I can go to sleep without Ambien. Although I still have it around for emergency use.
2. I can get out of bed in the morning without the pep talk in my head.
1. I have realized how lucky I am even if my life did not turn out as I had planned. And I can assure others who are just starting this journey that they will survive.