Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Storm Alert




February 12, 2014



I don't want to complain about the weather again, I really don't. But I can't help it. I know this is New England. I know there are four seasons and some of the joy of living here is the unique experience of them. But really, another storm? A slow moving one? Why? The snow in my yard is slowly creeping its way up to the door. It is so cold that nothing has melted. The snow banks just keep getting higher and higher.


And the COLD. So bitter and chilling. I've had so many fires this year that even that cozy scene is starting to get old. I have finally succumbed to the fact that I will not willingly go out until it gets above 30 degrees. Hibernating under the blankets. Looking up recipes for hot toddies. When I leave the gym the sweat on my body turns to icicles. Isn't that a pretty picture? Maybe that's why I haven't had a date in 2 years!!!


It remains to be seen what tomorrows' storm will bring. The weather reporters are already gearing up to broadcast all day long. Maybe the Olympics should have been held in Connecticut. It's colder here than in Sochi. Please let this be the end. And may I get through this by planning my trip to Florence. A girl has to have something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment