Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Marriage Equality




December 18, 2013



Ever since Josh showed me how to listen to Pandora in my car with my Iphone my love affair with my phone has just become stronger by the day. What a perfect companion. It is with me all the time, going wherever I go without complaint.. Gives me directions when I am lost, sings to me, delivers my mail, allows me to talk to my friends whenever I want, read whenever I want and if I so choose I can even watch a movie on it. Of course I would need a tutorial on that but I'm sure it could be arranged.



I would like to make the union legal. I wouldn't have to worry about it cheating on me, spending my money on slutty women, lying to me or hurting my feelings. A cyber relationship beyond compare. After all, my phone could not pretend to be a free spirited, fun loving, spontaneous guru of life. Especially if it was really just a scared, angst ridden, over thinking human being. I would be able to give it only the correct characteristics to mesh with my own. Oh what joy. I thought I was really on to something.



Then I heard about a new Spike Jonze movie entitled "Her." It is about a man (Joaquin Phoenix) who falls in love with the voice of his intelligent computer operating system. The voice belongs to Scarlett Johansson. Who wouldn't fall in love with her sultry, sexy voice? I saw the trailer on Youtube and I can't wait to see the movie. My idea...up there on the big screen. Of course there seems to be tears involved but I am a veteran at that!! Nothing like a good cry to clear out those tear ducts!



And before anyone complains that I have made light of the Marriage Equality Act please, rest assured I have not. It is tongue in cheek. I think EVERYONE should be allowed the pleasure and pain of marriage. After all how could you survive the ravages of divorce if you have not been married?Marriage should be an option for gays, lesbians and people who go along with the best deal no matter what their sexual orientation happens to be. The more I think about it the more I love my phone!


No comments:

Post a Comment