Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday




November 29, 2013



Did anyone see the pictures of Macy's in New York today? Thousands of people crowded into the first floor! That store is congested on a normal day but today it looked like the last place on earth to be. Suffice it to say I am not into shopping in malls or large department stores. I get really crazy and disoriented and well, just plain crabby. If I have to go to a mall I usually go to West Farms and park in the exact same spot every time. In and out quickly. Or I have to go with Hilary or one of my friends so I can find my way back to the car.


I just got back from the gym and the parking lot in the Plaza was mobbed. I thought all those people were working out. I was wrong. They were SHOPPING. Running in the stores with their flyers and coupons. It made me thankful that I did not plan a shopping expedition for today. Just enjoying my day off.


I did stop at the liquor to get some bourbon for the coming holidays. I thought I would try a new drink so a few weeks ago I bought Laphroaig scotch, which I had tasted one night in a restaurant. I loved it that night but when I opened this bottle it didn't smell at all like the stuff I had. It didn't taste like it either. Maybe I should have gotten the 18 year old blend, but the one I got can only be described as vile tasting. So back to good old bourbon. Thankfully the liquor store was not involved in any black Friday sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment