Monday, November 18, 2013

Fly Me To The Moon




November 18, 2013


"And let me play among the stars."Ahh, Ol' Blue Eyes. There is still no one that can match his voice and debonair demeanor on stage. Not that I can really remember that far back! But I always loved this song. Who does NOT love looking up at the night sky?


Saturday night when I left work at 6:30PM it was already dark. Dark enough to see the moon. It was almost a full moon. I looked for it again the next night but it was too cloudy and rainy.


The last full moon was on October 18th. A Friday. I was on call that weekend also. Maybe I'm going to be the full moon on call nurse! I was coming home at 1AM and the moon was suspended overhead like a big, milky white pendant. I knew I couldn't wake anyone up to share it with so I  just sat in the car and enjoyed the view. I wanted to take a picture to save in my phone. But in spite of my love affair with my iPhone, I knew I could never capture the astounding beauty of that scene. It looked close enough to touch. I remember when I was a kid and I thought the moon was following our car as we drove. I'm pretty sure my dad agreed with me!


I wish I could capture that gorgeous moon in a necklace to wear. It would remind me that even the darkest night holds a special kind of beauty.


Meditate
Live purely. Be quiet.
Do your work with mastery
Like the moon, come out
from behind the clouds
Shine

   Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment