I just saw this on Facebook and had to share it with you. It really gave me a laugh this morning. I know all my nurse friends will love it also. My comments are in parentheses. Feel free to add your own.
1. Nurses are compassionate and patient, and are often great listeners. ( WE are mostly compassionate but patient? Not if you work in the surgical setting)
2. Nurses are super-smart. If you’re into both brains and beauty, your date can deliver. ( ALWAYS true!)
3. Tired of nursing that hangover? Let an actual nurse work his/her feel-better magic. ( ? )
4. Nurses have seen bodies of all shapes and sizes — and witnessed every kind of bodily function imaginable. Your insecurities and body quirks will likely leave your date unfazed. ( Some things should remain a mystery.)
5. No waiting in line. You’ll get a quick diagnosis every time you feel under the weather. ( What you'll really get is, "Suck it up. You're not dying." Unless of course you actually are.)
6. The uniform. It’s not just sexy on Halloween. (Translation: those scrubs just look so cute and comfy.)
7. Impressive nerves. Nurses remain calm and collected in pretty stressful situations. You want to be dating a nurse in times of emergency and chaos.
8. Nurses work long hours. So if you want a little alone time, a nurse’s crazy schedule might suit you just fine.
(especially if she wakes you up in the middle of the night for a call shift.)
9. Nurses make great future parents. No pressure or anything. ( Why?)
10. You’ll be safe. Date a nurse and you’ve got instant access to CPR, safety advice and disease-prevention tips.
11. Awesome “How was your day?” stories. Nurses have endless tales of patient and/or doctor drama. (Totally true.)
12. You’ll start to understand the medical jargon on your favorite medical dramas.
13. Nurses will love your thoughtful gestures. They give to others all day and can often feel unappreciated.
14. Nurses understand selflessness, one of the key ingredients to a healthy relationship. ( Finally, someone understands us!)
15. Your date saves lives. That’s brag-worthy.
Tell us, why else should one consider dating a nurse?