Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pancakes For Dinner





October 9, 2013



One of the things that made me sad last year was my lack of pancake skills. Yes, I know. A petty worry in the grand scheme of things. But it was another reminder of how my life had changed. No more pancakes for Sunday breakfast, etc, etc. Many of you suggested Bisquick or The Pancake House. But I was determined to make them from scratch here in my own kitchen.


So a few weeks ago I looked up pancake recipes on line. I found one that looked like it would work. I got over the fact that the last attempt was a failure even the birds wouldn't eat and set out to make them. They were great! Fluffy and flavorful and light! I wish I had taken a picture. They were almost like a restaurant. Maybe not as good as Lena's Cafe, but good. So good that I sometimes think of making them for dinner. But I get stuck on the drink part. Bourbon or gin does not go with pancakes. Wine? No. Only coffee seems like the appropriate beverage. I know! Irish coffee. Coffee AND liquor all in one drink. That's why I love the Irish! Now on to mastering the waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment