Monday, October 21, 2013

"I See Dead People"




October 21, 2013



The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan. I remember seeing it and being really creeped out. I didn't know until the very end that Bruce Willis, the child psychologist, was dead too. Why isn't she yelling at him for all the times he didn't show up, especially the anniversary night? Boy, is she patient, I recall thinking.


Bruce was killed by an intruder who got into the house by the basement windows. I've been worried about those windows ever since. I would occasionally go down there and try to imagine someone actually fitting through those small casement windows. I didn't think they were big enough for anyone. What about the Bilco door. How secure are those really? I know I've been accused of being a security freak but I can't help  it.


And a few weeks ago I was proven correct. People were calling me on the phone to see if I had heard of the robberies on my street. Guess how the burglars were gaining access? Through the basement windows! Now I would really be frightened at night. So what else could I do but call Steve at my security company and ask if those windows could be alarmed. Why yes they could. They came over the next day and did all the windows down there AND the door. I'm pretty sure every inch of my house is monitored now. I actually set off the alarm by accident the other day.


Do I feel safer? I guess so. I still get spooked sometimes but things don't scare me like they did in the past. Still, this week I heard about someone who has a security camera outside. Now that's something I hadn't considered! Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment