Monday, September 30, 2013

Gorilla




September 30, 2013



This past Saturday I worked at an all day conference for nurses in Meriden. I just love getting up at the crack of dawn on my day off! And I know all the other board members did as well! But that's not the story.


I was running late and heading down to Dunkin Donuts to get the bagels for the conference. It was dark and I hadn't had my coffee yet. I had the radio on and a song called Gorilla was playing by Bruno Mars. Little Bruno. Of the plaintive love songs. (Or as Hilary calls him "the whiner") Little, being the operative word here. Well this song is another example of "It's not how big it is but how you use it." A saying only a man could have come up with.


I'm not a prude but I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I thought maybe I was not "getting" all the lyrics. He couldn't possibly be saying those things on the radio! So early in the morning! But when I got home that afternoon and looked them up it was just as I had thought.


Crude, vulgar and as far from romantic as you can get. Not my taste at all. Which is okay but I wonder, who IS attracted to that sort of song? I hope not anyone I know. Especially my baby girl.  Bruno, did you run that by your mother first? Oh wait, maybe it's a joke. Is it supposed to be funny?


I'm including the lyrics so you can make your own judgement.


                                                   Gorilla   by Bruno Mars


Ooh I got a body full of liquor with a cocaine kicker and I'm feeling like I'm thirty feet tall
So lay it down, lay it down
You got your legs up in the sky with the devil in your eyes
Let me hear you say you want it all
Say it now, say it now

Look what you’re doing, look what you done
But in this jungle you can't run
Cause what I got for you
I promise it’s a killer, you'll be banging on my chest
Bang bang, gorilla
Ooh, yeah

You and me baby, making love like gorillas
You and me baby, making love like gorillas

Yeah I got a fistful of your hair
But you don't look like you're scared
You're just smiling tell me, ‘daddy it's yours’
‘Cause you know how I like it you’s a dirty little lover
If the neighbors call the cops, call the sheriff, call the SWAT we don't stop, we keep rocking while they knocking on our door
And you're screaming ‘give it to me baby,
Give it to me motherfucker’

Ohhh look what you’re doing, look what you done
But in this jungle you can't run
‘Cause what I got for you
I promise it’s a killer, you'll be banging on my chest
Bang bang, gorilla
Ooh, yeah

You and me baby, making love like gorillas
You and me baby, making love like gorillas

I bet you never ever felt so good, so good
I got your body trembling like it should, it should
You'll never be the same baby once I'm done with you

Oh, you with me baby, making love like gorillas
You and me baby, we'll be fuckin' like gorillas
You and me baby, making love like gorillas

No comments:

Post a Comment