Monday, September 16, 2013

Heart Like A Wheel




September 16, 2013



Long before I wanted to be Stevie Nicks I fell in love with Linda Ronstadt's music. Her voice and her heart shaped face defined music for a generation of baby boomers. I listened to her constantly. "It's So Easy," "Faithless Love," "Tumbling Dice," and my favorites "Blue Bayou" and "Crazy." Can't you just hear her sweet voice?


I saw her on Broadway in "Pirates of Penzance." Gilbert and Sullivan is not really my thing but I was so excited to see HER. I still remember the felling of awe I had when she came out on stage.


I saw Linda on TV recently. She can't sing anymore because she has Parkinson's Disease. A cruel ending to such a beautiful talent. As I've said many times, "life is just not fair." She very eloquently spoke about her condition and seems accepting of it but it is sad none the less. Sad for her fans as well as for her. She has written a book,"Simple Dreams" about her career and is going on a promotion tour. Now that is something I wish I could see.


So again we are reminded that we should make the most of every day. The laundry and the housework can wait. They will be there when we return from living our lives.





"Crazy"


I'm crazy
Crazy for feeling so lonely
I'm crazy
Crazy for feeling blue
I know you'd love me as long as you wanted
Then someday leave me for somebody new

Worry
Why should I let myself worry
Wondering
What in the world did I do

I'm crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for crying
And crazy for trying
And I'm crazy for loving you

Worry
Why do I let myself worry
Wondering
What in the world did I do

I'm crazy
For thinking that my love could hold you
I'm crazy for trying
And crazy for crying
And I'm crazy for loving you







No comments:

Post a Comment