Thursday, September 19, 2013

Farewell to Summer




August 19, 2013



Yesterday morning when I woke up it was 61 degrees in my room! Of course I still had all the windows open and I was FREEZING! Even the birds were quieter. Hilary very calming informed me of the temperature when she came downstairs in her fuzzy slippers and fleece bathrobe. But it isn't time to turn the heat on yet. That shouldn't happen until at least October 1st. Where is Indian Summer?  I'm not ready to put away my sandals or my summer wardrobe.


This morning I was enjoying the last of my lavender marmalade. The one I bought in Harwich when I was on vacation. And I have to admit I've been wearing the Martha's Vineyard fleece jacket when I leave for work. So I guess I have to get out my sweaters and fall clothes. It is refreshing to wake up to crisp fall temperatures but 61 is a little too cold for me. Let's have a few more warm days. Days of sleeping with the windows open and wearing short sleeve shirts and flip flops. And next summer maybe I should buy two marmalades.

No comments:

Post a Comment