Monday, July 29, 2013

Celebrations




July 29, 2013


July was always a busy celebration month for me. Birthdays galore and of course my anniversary. So much food and cake!! By the end of the month I was TIRED of ice cream cake. Imagine that? This year we actually used my birthday cake for both Josh and I. AND on two different days. I always forgot about healthy eating at this time of the year because it was almost impossible. But this year we are two celebrations short. One birthday and, as my sister pointed out last night, my anniversary. Oh well, as someone said when this first started I have begun to make new memories.


This year I again went to the Cape and stayed with Margo and Fred. From the minute I got there the laughter began. Annemarie was already there and we spent the week relaxing, talking, drinking and eating and of course going to the beach. Lavender marmalade, Gigi and Barry. Yes, new memories. Poor Fred. Now you're stuck with another single lady. But maybe "stuck" is not the word I'm looking for. Maybe "blessed?" is the word. Lucky Fred!!!


Dempsey's for my birthday and Manhattan for Josh. Lunch at Marseille. Book of Mormons. Fun musical. Cafe Dante for zabaglione. Movies Sunday. ( Only God Forgives, one of the worst movies I have ever seen!) Some traditions just can't be replaced. So a great week of celebrating. I guess Wednesday will be just another day. I did have a small celebration on June 22. So that will be my new tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment