Monday, March 10, 2014
Pre Divorce Maintenance Top Ten
March 10, 2014
In the months leading up to my divorce I received some much needed advice from one of my very good friends. After crying with me over the emotional wreckage of my marriage and family she composed a list of practical things I needed to accomplish. An "Angie's List" of divorce preparation. I decided to follow her advice since I was still in possession of the joint credit card. I'm sure I've missed a few things and added a few items of my own but here it goes.
10. Make a walk thru of your house and list needed repairs.
9. Get the furnace serviced and ready for the winter.
8. Check the air conditioning.
7. Clean the chimney and vents.
6. Get the cars tuned up.
5. Replace old window treatments.
6. Redo the master bedroom.
5. Buy a new appliance or two.
4. Spruce up the yard. Tree trimming and mulch.
3. Open your own bank account and credit cards.
2. Organize important papers.
1. Treat yourself to something nice without feeling guilty.