Monday, March 3, 2014

Over The Rainbow





March 3, 2014




I didn't see many Oscar movies this year,. I'm not sure why. I think I'll blame it on the cold, snowy weather. But I did get to see the whole Oscar show. I wasn't on call AND I didn't have to work the next day. Of course I did nod off a little but luckily Hilary woke me up by screaming, "MOM, you're sleeping," right before Pink went on. Thank goodness. I would not want to have missed her performance of Over The Rainbow.


Dressed in a sparkling red gown that perfectly replicated the ruby slippers I was so in love with as a child. I remember buying Hilary a pair of sparkly red shoes when she was little. I wish I had saved them. I LOVED those shoes. Yes Margo, I should have been more sentimental. But anyway I do remember singing Over the Rainbow. Where troubles melt like lemon drops and bluebirds fly. And with Judy Garlands' children in the audience and clips of the movie on the screen. Perfect.



And what can I say about Bette. Another favorite song from one of my most favorite movies. She is simply a classic. I wish I could see her in person. I know both she and Pink are fabulous performers. If only they would perform together. What a fantastic show that would be to attend.



The gowns were beautiful. Every one of them. And lots of actors brought their moms. I REALLY loved that. I'm still holding out hope that someday Josh will be up there and I will be sitting in the audience. Maybe way, way in the back but I'm sure I can yell loud enough to be heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment