Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Fortune Cookies





March 17, 2014





"The axe soon forgets, but the tree always remembers." I usually laugh at my fortune cookie fortunes. They are usually whimsical and far fetched. I really like the ones that say I will come into a lot of money or will travel the world. But this fortune was too close to home.



Yes, time helps. But it doesn't necessarily "heal all wounds." The wounds will always be there, it just becomes easier to bear. Living your life helps. Being with other people helps. Knowing that you are stronger than your problems helps. But as I've said before there are always the "sucker punches" waiting where you least expect them. This week it was in a fortune cookie.


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading it as I am currently going through a divorce myself. I have been married almost 16 years (no children) and cannot believe how painful it is for me. I sometimes wonder if my husband is going through the same pain although I've noticed that he cannot seem to run fast enough to the lawyers and take everything down that would remind him of me in our house. It's painful to watch as we're still living together and eating together out of necessity (he refuses to move in with either of his parents and I have no where else to go).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are still in a very vulnerable period. Time and distance will help. I'm glad reading this also helps a little.

      Delete