Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Please Refrain From Talking



January 15, 2014




I know this is going to offend some people but the first thing I thought of when I heard someone was shot in the movies for talking and texting was "It's about time." I did feel bad when I heard the victim died but I can certainly understand the feeling of the man who shot him. Up to a point.


I have a certain ritual when I go to the movies with my kids. I try to get there early enough to sit in the very back row so no one can kick my seat and I don't have to listen to them talk or make food noises. If I have a coat I place it on the seat in front of me so no one sits there. Unless its really crowded. Lately I have been able to sit in other rows so my friends don't realize how crazy I am, but my kids know my real preference. 


And talking is simply not tolerated unless someone is having a medical emergency right in the theater. Even then, can't you go out to the lobby to have your heart attack? But seriously, I have wanted to throw hard candy at the heads of talkers and have been known to ask them to be quiet. And not in a nice way. I didn't pay $12.00 to hear someone's opinion of the plot,  dialogue or cinematography. OR to hear their phone conversations or watch their phone light up with texts. STAY THE HELL HOME. I know. My crazy is showing but I can't help it. Sometimes I have the urge to ask people as soon as they sit near me,"Are you planning to talk during this movie because I will move now if you are!"


And thus the reason I don't have a concealed weapons permit. I'm sure there is more to this particular story than we know. I totally believe in stricter gun control, background checks, etc. And I don't REALLY believe patrons should be shot for talking... but texting a three year old? I didn't think they could read yet. And I'm sure there are issues involving anger management. I think we should probably just start with throwing talkers out of the theater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment