Monday, January 13, 2014

Corn Pudding




January 13, 2014



In keeping with my new tradition of the traveling Thanksgiving, one where you show up at friend or relative's house with a dish, I was amazed to try corn pudding. I would never have had that if I had cooked dinner. In my Italian family Jennie never even heard of corn pudding and if she did she would have labeled it as ridiculous. And if she did make it my father would not have eaten it. In fact we never had turkey because he would only eat lasagna. I went to Margo's house after my dinner for the traditional Thanksgiving feast. And I wonder why I can be model thin!


Well let me tell you, corn pudding rocks! I kept going back for seconds and took some home. I wanted to eat it as soon as I got in the door but I restrained myself. I've been thinking about it ever since. Bonnie was kind enough to email the recipe and I made it last night. I really believe it goes with everything and am pretty sure you can eat it for dessert. Just saying.


I will share the recipe with you. Try it. You will not be able to resist. Many thanks to Bonnie Pyler for the recipe.



                                                Corn Pudding

1   12 oz can whole corn
2   17 oz cans creamed corn
5  lightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup sugar
4 TBSP cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp instant minced onion ( I used onion powder)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter

I used slightly bigger cans of corn. This is an old recipe


Combine corn and eggs. Add mixture of sugar, cornstarch, salt, mustard and onion. Stir in milk and butter. Pour into greased 3 qt casserole. ( I used 2 1/2 qt) Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour, stirring once.







No comments:

Post a Comment