Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sure Cure



August 28, 2013



Martha's Vineyard. I've been told it's paradise. A sure cure for the blues. It couldn't have come at a better time for me. Because blue is how I've been feeling. About lost dreams and plans for my (our) future. A future I will now face alone. 


But stepping off the ferry in perfect weather does do wonders for the soul. Spending hours at the edge of the ocean reading and people watching is better than any medicine in the world. ( no matter how arduous the journey to the water might be! But more about that later!) Laughing when my friends jokingly ask me if I want to play frisbee or go paddle boarding. Sleeping late, taking outdoor showers, shopping, and being with friends is a sure cure. I'm not positive if the island itself is the magic ingredient but I'm not questioning the result.




No comments:

Post a Comment