Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fringe Festival




August 22, 2013



This past weekend I did one of my most favorite things. I went to the Fringe Festival in Manhattan. I think I talked about it last year but it is worth repeating. For the price of one Broadway play ticket three people can see three up and coming plays by unknown writers.  Well, maybe they are not ALL up and coming. Some of them are downright awful. Which is why Hilary didn't join us.


I also got to have dim sum. Another of my favorites. I haven't had dim sum ages. SInce before the divorce. We (Josh, Jocelyn and I) went to the Red Egg, a restaurant I had been wanting to try in Chinatown. Maybe we ordered too much food but it was delicious. Then off to the plays.


We were a little late for the first one but I acted pathetic enough to be let in. I was trying to explain how the train was late, which it was. I think he took pity on the fact that we were suburbanites. That play was not so good but it concerned an Italian family in the 70's so it made me laugh. Josh and Jocelyn both pointed out that it was not well written or acted but I didn't care.


We were on time for the next one. It was a radio show and it was excellent. And then on to the last show called "Bellini and the Sultan." Needs some polish but was enjoyable. All in all a better selection than we made last year.


The rain held off and we had dinner at The Mermaid Inn again. I guess that will be a new tradition as long as attend the Fringe together. Raw bar, drinks and good company. Yes, that will stay on my list of repeats.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Glad to hear it!
    I am just beginning this divorce thing. My husband left me after 37 years. Yes, for someone else. I too am doing a blog. I have 2. One was started years ago with recipes, travel, photography. Now I have started one on the pain of divorce and I am trying to get back to the joy in my other blog but it is hard. It has only been 3 months, but I am trying.
    Thanks for your post!
    Kathy:-)
    http://survivingthepainofdivorce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete